Thanks for visiting my site!
I’m a writer/director who has worked in a wide range of formats, from digital to television to features, and my first novel, Painless, was published by Rare Bird Books in February, 2017.
I was born in New York City, grew up in New Jersey, and graduated with a degree in Visual and Environmental Studies from Harvard University. I now live in Los Angeles with my husband, son, and neurotic-but-adorable rescue dog, and stubbornly maintain hope that I will still get a pony someday, but would probably settle for some chickens and a goat or two. Especially those adorable fainting ones.
Some additional work info:
- Currently adapting a book into a feature screenplay for producer Robert Katz (The 33)
- Recently completed work as Supervising Producer and Co-Head Writer on the first season of A&E/Lifetime's digital narrative romance anthology Fall Into Me, writing two of the project's seven stand-alone, hour-long series, overseeing the writing process on the remaining five, and co-producing all seven
- One of eight female television writers recently selected to participate in the inaugural year of the Women In Film/Black List Episodic Lab
- Optioned hour-long family drama pilot New Ground to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment at Sony Entertainment
- Sold spec scripts, been hired to write original material and adaptations on assignment and had feature scripts optioned by a range of buyers including 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, and numerous independent producers
- Directed a short film based on my coming-of-age feature screenplay Crowbar Smile for Indigenous Media, which is being distributed digitally by Condé Nast Media on TheScene.com (View it HERE); I direct the full script as my feature directorial debut
- Workshopped my feature drama screenplay Painless, a dark love story, at the Sundance Writers' and Directors' Labs, where I had the pleasure of directing Elisabeth Moss (Handmaid's Tale, Mad Men), Vincent Kartheiser (Mad Men) and Lisa Edelstein (Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce, House)
- Have also directed theater, several music videos, and a number of short films, including the festival award-winner Goodnight, Henry
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- Won First Prize (TV Drama Pilot) - Showtime Tony Cox Screenplay Competition, Nantucket Film Festival (Tomorrowland)
- Won First Prize: Drama category of TV pilot contest sponsored by Overbrook Entertainment and the Association of National Advertisers' Alliance for Family Entertainment (AFE) (New Ground)
- Won First Prize in Harvardwood Pilot Contest (Tomorrowland)
- Won First Prize: Hollywood Nexus Screenwriting Competition (Crowbar Smile)
- Top Three Finalist in Final Draft Big Break Contest (Hour-long Spec) (Orange is the New Black)
- Selected for the Sundance Writers' & Directors’ Labs (Painless)
- Selected for the Walt Disney Writer's Fellowship Program (features)
- Selected for the inaugural Women In Film/Black List Episodic Lab